Monday, November 10, 2008

City Trees and Bunnies Holding Birds

SO, had a fabulous time at the opening of City Trees Furniture and Gallery (4616 14th Ave NW, Seattle, WA), thank you everyone who made it out! I have a whole room of paintings and sculptures for those who missed it, the gallery is open Thursday through Saturday 10 am-6 pm and Sundays noon to 6 pm.

Although everyone complimented me on the paintings and sculpture, it seemed that I got even more attention for the new pendant I was wearing. This piece is an extension of my latest obsession for rabbits holding things (birds, mice, other rabbits...) translated into a fun silhouette pendant. The bird in this case is completely cut out, making use of negative space.

Not sure where the bunny and bird thing is going, but it's fun to see the relationship develop between the two. Here is the painting I finished today, which also incorporates my *other* new obsession, fog and trees. I guess all my art is a little obsessive come to think about it, it's always a journey of some sort, I am never sure where I am going to end up.

good night bird

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is so wonderful! So very happy I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...bunnies!! Lovely : ) Thanks for visiting my blog...Hugo say thanks for the birthday greeting too!

    ReplyDelete