Friday, December 5, 2008

Can't Hurry the Bunny

I paint bunnies; brown and black, spotted and lop eared, running, jumping, sleeping, playing... but mostly I paint a character I call the little white rabbit or "LWR" for short. The number one thing people ask me after seeing my art (well, they *tell* me) is that I should write a children's book. Well, I have written one, I just haven't heard back from the publisher yet. Yes, it's about the little white rabbit.

The thing about getting a book properly published is that it takes time. Publishers want exclusive access to the manuscript, meaning you can't send it to every publisher you can think of in hope one will want it. And most publishers also get tens of thousands of submissions every year, so you can imagine how long it takes them to say "no thanks". It takes even longer for one to say "yes".

I am sure the stories of the little white rabbit will be published someday, I believe that. But in the meantime, he's got things to do, places to go, games to play. Some of those escapades I will share with the world right now, and some will go into the next book or seven after that.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day when you are published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing. Look on my blog, I have made a article on you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you just keep drawing, keep your characters alive, keep showing them, and someday the right publisher will see your book and want to publish it.

    I love your characters. I was just placing your nested bunny on my shelf- and admiring how painterly and well-drawn all of the details are.

    You're very talented, I'm so glad you're sharing your work. Best wishes to you for 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete