Saturday, December 20, 2008

True Love-Etsy style


A couple weeks ago the husband of a friend purchased a rabbit print from my etsy shop. He knew this particular print called "Poppy" was one that his wife had wanted for a long time, and he wanted to surprise her for Christmas. I was happy to oblige and promptly sent it off to his relatives to hold until the Holidays.

Poppy is a print I created by scanning in a drawing of mine into the computer then digitally painting it. It depicts a somewhat romantic white rabbit leaping for joy in a field of orange poppy flowers.

A few days ago, this same friend decided to treat herself and purchase the Poppy print she had been wanting for so long. Without knowing it, she had just purchased the exact present for herself that her husband wanted to surprise her with!

That put me in a bit of a quandary. Do I tell her? Do I just send the items and play dumb? I sent a frantic email to the husband asking what he wanted to do. A little while later I got an email back from him saying that just as he was reading my email, his wife mentions that she just bought Poppy for herself! He couldn't keep a strait face. The cat, or rather, the rabbit was out of the bag.

All's well that ends well. My friend will not only have a Poppy print to call her own, but a sweet story of true love to go along with it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This is really a happy ending story :)
    Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year (and maybe a tad less snow!)!
    Hugs and nose bumps from Hugo and Miss Eve,
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice happy ending story !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story!

    Happy New Year from Elle and H+H

    ReplyDelete