Sunday, April 19, 2009

Art Inspiration- Victoria Usova



I know girls and animals with big eyes are all the rage in art and illustration at the moment. Not really my thing, but the art of Victoria Usova's charming images have me leaning more towards an appreciation of the large eyed world. Probably because they are just so friendly and beautifully drawn and painted.

As you know, I have fairly recently come back to watercolor as one of my favorite mediums. Victoria's watercolors really epitomize the wonderful fluid and playful nature of the medium. Colors blend and shift from soft pastels to bright deep tones.

I am also very much a fan of fairy tales, and Victoria's world is full of both exotic and familiar ones.

You can read more about her on her blog
http://vusova.blogspot.com/

And buy her art on Etsy while you still can afford it!
http://vusova.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nakisha for such a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky enough to own a copy of this print - Vita's work is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete